Aug 16, 2007

My essay for Year book

This is my essay for Year book.
I really enjoy my American Life.

I learned many things for this short period. My home stay was really fruitful, because I had many chances to experience new things.
First, I experienced American theatre. My host family is very involved in theatre. I had many chances to go to theatre to watch the same play. I went there four times and I met many generations of people. And one day, I was taught a joke by a woman at the information desk.
"Why does 6 fears 7? Because 7 8 9(7 Ate9)."
It's hard for me to understand American Jokes, but it's easy to understand!!
So I was very glad to be able to understand the joke at the first time. So I've never forgot this joke.
Next I learned some new funny words. My most favorite word is "Oopsie." This word is often said by a new friend I made here. I learned new words more and more, I could enjoy speaking English. Because people told me why it's funny. Coming to America, and everything is new, everything is exciting, everything is fun.
Together they may be tiny things, but every experience is big for me. I want to come back here again. Especially to Steinbach home. Thank you so much.


(219 words)

No comments: