Aug 16, 2007

What do you think about that?

What can I do for my host family? I really appreciate them. But I don't have enough time. Taylor is leaving today, so next is me.
The day is too short. I have to do something during I can stay here. I don't wanna come back Japan. Many examinations and my busy part time job life are waiting.

So I make my host family to try some Japanese food.
First I make "Zentya" and "Ryokutya".
It's a little different for their thinking about "Green (Japanese) tea".
They try not to fear about new thing.
Next I make a source for corns to dip. A dinner was BBQ so Ken burned corn.
I came up with making the special source. The source need much sugar.
American people may like it. I think it's a traditional source in Japan. We often see the source at festival.
It's maybe strange combination for them, but they like it!!!!
I'm really glad. I used Soy source (Kikkoman) and sugar.
I have only to mix the sugar and soy source to getting a little rough.

Third I made "Barley tea". Ken and Kari like the tea. I made for me (taking to school) and them (they drink it at dinner).
They said to me it is similar to coffee. I'm very surprised. TEA AND COFFEE????
But it's good for them because they can drink a little easily than other tea.
They sometimes want me to drink the tea. And sometimes call it "I want a Makko tea".
I'm glad to making that tea.
I'm really delighted to accept Japanese culture and food.
I Thanks for host family to try my new strange food.
One of my pleasures to try them new thing!
I tried Root beer and bean.


(292 words)

No comments: